The Cloud Solution Architect would be responsible for converting the technical requirements of a project into the architecture and design that will guide the final solution. Cloud Solution Architect would also be responsible for bridging the gaps between complex business problems and solutions in the Public Cloud (AWS / Azure ). Other members of a technology team, including DevOps engineers and Technical Consultant, will work with the Cloud Solution Architect to ensure that the right technology or technologies are being built.
1. Understand customer business / technical & commercials expectations.
2. Design solutions to meet customer’s business & commercial needs
3. Do customer presentations and whiteboard session to present solutions to customers.
4. Evangelize cloud technologies with customers.
5. Deep engagement with sales team for winning opportunities.
6. Coordinate with operations team for the delivery of solutions as per the proposal.
7. Good command over IAAS, PAAS, and SAAS services on AWS/Azure.
8. Good knowledge of at least one operating system: Linux, Unix, Solaris, Ubuntu, Windows. Prior experience as an administrator or architect in any of the well- known operating systems is also helpful.
9. Good understanding of networking: TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, DNS. Candidate has some familiarity with these concepts.
10. Security: A high- level understanding of key security concepts is a must for a Cloud Solution Architect. So an initial knowledge of some basic security concepts, such as firewalls, is necessary.
11. Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors and partners, and across all levels of the organization.
12. Cloud Solution Architect will play a critical role in the success of our clients and are called upon to design and support the right solutions for our clients.
13. All successful candidates will possess a high degree of self- management, personal accountability, strong communication and business acumen.
14. Continual knowledge transfer, training and mentoring of more junior staff is expected.
The main focus of a solution architect will be on:
I. The use of technology for finding a solution to business problems
II. Which platform, framework or tech- stack should be used for the creation of a solution
III. The appearance of the application, what modules to use and the interaction between those modules.
IV. Scaling for future and its maintenance
V. Determining the risk associated with third-party platforms or frameworks
VI. Finding solutions to business problems
1. Hands-on experience Architecting and Designing solutions on AWS / Azure
2. Knowledge of security controls for the Public cloud (encryption of data in motion/rest and key management)
3. Knowledge of Linux and Windows containers
4. Experience with Open Source Cloud and configuration management tools (Terraform Ansible, etc.)
5. Experience with Agile and DevOps concepts
6. Strong communication and written skills
7. Experience creating technical architecture documentation
8. Deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as code technology) required
9. Deep domain expertise in cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management); container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry);
a) Bachelor’s Degree or equivalency (CS, CE or engineering discipline)
b) 6-10+ years overall IT industry experience as IT Infra Consultant in a leading IT System Integrator.
c) 2+ years’ experience as a Cloud Solution Architect.
d) AWS Associate / Professional Solution Architect / Microsoft Azure Architect / Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Deployment Certification desirable.